Friday, 30 December 2016
Every year as I get closer to the New Year I am always that person who is like "Yes! New year, new me!". And then every year I get to January 6th and I'm like "Amm.. yeah never mind!". But this year I want to set some small ones which I can actually accomplish so that this time next year I can look back on this post and think to myself "Yeah I did that!". So here is my short but sweet list of New Year's Resolutions;
1. Read more books
2. Work on myself
3. Keep this blog going
So that's it guys! Let's hope that this time next year I can sit hear and look back at this post and feel good so future April, I hope you had an amazing 2017 and accomplished all you could!
Why not leave me a comment to let me know some of your New Year's Resolutions as I'd love to hear them!
- A x
Monday, 26 December 2016
I hope you are all enjoying the holidays and are taking a break from the everyday madness of life! Yesterday was a very busy day for me as it was my 7th time spending Christmas Day with my partner and his family. It's weird to think that when I first spent Christmas with them I was only 16 and now I'm almost 23? What's even weirder is that his little brother was only 11 years old at the time I spent my first Christmas with them and now he's going to be 18 in March?! So weird? Anyway, I thought I would make a post about the presents I received yesterday from my friends and family as I always enjoying reading this kind of blogpost and watching "What I Got For Christmas" video's on YouTube. (P.S This post is not me bragging about what I got for Christmas or anything like that, I am more than aware that there are those in the world who have very little to give or receive and at the same time there are those who are fortunate enough to not want for anything; but either way this blog post is merely a little bit of fun to show you what I got for Christmas -- no bragging <3)
(Left to Right: Lush Christmas Box, Lotus Manicure kit, Kylie Birthday Edition, Calcot Manor Sumptuous Spa Favourites, Two L'Occitane gift sets, So...? Gift Set, The English Gift Company gift set, Pug Wheat Animal)
(Left to Right: Harry Potter Crest Light, Hogwarts Express Pop Vinyl, Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them Screenplay, The Case of Beasts, Harry Potter and The Chamber of Secrets Illustrated)
(Left to Right: SkullCandy Uproar Wireless Headphones, Joules bath bombs, Marble affect clipboard and notebook, two Galaxy chocolate bars, Ferrero Collection, Supernatural 2017 Calendar, Eric Northman Pop Vinyl)
(My present from Secret Santa at Work - Thanks Jane x)
(Left to Right: Girl Online Going Solo - Zoe Sugg, Outlander - Diana Gabaldon, The One We Fell In Love With - Paige Toon, A Monster Calls - Patrick Ness, Finding Audrey - Sophie Kinsella, If I Was Your Girl - Meredith Russo, I Was Here - Gayle Forman, Lying About Last Summer - Sue Wallman, Fir Preview, Frozen Charlotte - Alex Bell, The Twelve Days of Dash and Lily - Rachel Cohn, The Mammoth Book of Celtic Myths and Legends, The Penguin Book of Norse Myths - Kevin Crossley-Holland, The Greek Myths; The Complete and Definitive Edition - Robert Graves, The Iliad & The Odyssey - Homer, Historical Heroes)
This was the final present for Christmas 2016. It was from my mother-in-law Emma and father-in-law Jay. I've never had anything from Jack Wills before so this was an amazingly thoughtful present! The scarf is amazing and the products smell so good!!
I would like to thank all my friends and family for my amazing presents, I am so thankful for them <3
So thats Christmas over and done with for another year; This year I wasn't at all ready for Christmas but it all came together in the end. Here's to the memories created over Christmas and the excitement and hopeful thoughts of the New Year to come.
- A x
Saturday, 24 December 2016
Merry Christmas Eve everyone!!
Today is a day for spending time with friends and family, preparation for tomorrow and BAKING! Normally at Christmas people bake everything from sugar cookies to full blown Christmas cakes; I, on the other hand, am very limited with my baking skills so without fail every year I make my "famous" gingerbread Christmas trees. The recipe isn't difficult, they are easy to bake and so fun to decorate whether by yourself or with family. This year I not only made christmas trees but also made snowflakes! If you want the recipe I used please keep reading :)
Here's what you'll need to make the gingerbread dough;
350g/12oz plain flour (plus extra for rolling out), 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda, 2 tsp ground ginger, 1 tsp ground cinnamon, 125g/4½oz butter, 175g/6oz light soft brown sugar, 1 free-range egg, 4 tbsp golden syrup, icing sugar, writing icing, cake decorations of your choice.
- (P.S. I used double the amount of ingredients in order to make double the amount of cookies -- 65 in total)
- The method for this recipe is very simple; sift the flour, bicarbonate of soda, ginger and cinnamon into a bowl. Then add the butter and mix until it becomes like breadcrumbs. Once you have a mixture like breadcrumbs, mix in the sugar.
- Gently beat the egg and golden syrup together and add to the mixture until it all comes together to form a dough (i personally used more golden syrup than the recipe suggested as I found it came together better). Tip the dough out onto counter and briefly knead until smooth. Wrap the dough in clingfilm and place in the fridge for 15 minutes. I used this time to tidy up from preparing the dough and preheated the oven to 180C/350F/Gas 4.
- Line two trays with greaseproof paper and take your dough out off the fridge. Roll the dough out to 0.5cm/¼inch in thickness onto a lightly floured surface. Using the cutters you have chosen cut out the shapes you desire and place them onto a baking tray, leaving enough gaps in between.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until lightly golden-brown. Once cooked place them on a wire rack to cool down before decorating. Once cooled, decorate as you wish. Then eat and enjoy.
These are amazing with a cup of tea or hot chocolate! I hope you all have a lovely Christmas and a very Happy Year <3
Sunday, 18 December 2016
100 Things About Me
1. What is your name? April
2. How old are you? 22
3. Are you sure? Yep 👍
4. What is your earliest memory? Playing PuttPutt on a computer in a classroom? 😂
5. What is your favourite alcoholic drink? Jim Beam Apple, Magners or any bottle of Rosé
6. What is your favourite vegetable? Sweet corn or peas
7. Do you remember your first day at school? Nope
8. What is the worst exam result you remember ever getting? F in Music because I didnt sit the exam or I did get U in my General Studies exam in Year 12 😂
9. How tall are you? 166cm
10. Can you swim? Kinda, if I focus, mostly doggy paddling for me
11. Who is your favourite movie actress? Not sure.. Will need to have a think on that one
12. Who is your favourite movie actor? At the moment probably Tom Hanks or Sir Ian Mckellen 💚
13. Who is your favourite comedian? Lee Evans, that man makes me cry with laughter 😂
14. Who is your favourite politician? I don't think I have one to be honest?
15. Who is your favourite historical figure (been dead for at least 100 years)? ooh that is tricky! Probably Boudicca I think
16. Who is your favourite super-heroine? not sure really, superheroes aren't really my thing?
17. Who is your favourite super-hero? If I had to pick one, Thor?
18. Can you name a female scientist other than Madame Curie? Afraid not :/
19. Who is your favourite mythological god or goddess? Aphrodite
20. Who is your favourite woman of all time? My Mother, she is an amazing lady 💚
21. Do you agree with "An eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth"? Depends on the situation
22. Do you agree with "Life does not forgive weakness"? No, life is a learning experience, weakness is nothing to be ashamed of.
23. Do you agree with "It is the enemy who can truly teach us to practice the virtues of compassion and tolerance"? Yes
24. Do you agree with "The state can do what they want to do"? No, over the past year in particular all over the world countries have made very important decisions for their future and these decisions were made by the people of those countries not the state.
25. Do you agree with "If I had to choose between betraying my country and betraying my friend, I hope I should have the guts to betray my country"? I think if it came to that kind of situation I would have to betray my friend in order to stay loyal to my country? But then again I don't know... very difficult 😂
26. Do you agree with "If the path be beautiful, let us not ask where it leads"? Yes
27. Do you agree with "Crime is a product of social excess"? Depends on the situation in question I guess?
28. Do you agree with "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you"? YES. 🙌
29. Do you agree with "And mankind is naught but a single nation"? Yes
30. Do you agree with "Bulimia is soooo '87"? NO! Eating disorders are a serious mental illness which causing a lot of pain and emotional distress to the individuals who suffer with it and those close to them
31. What is the worst movie you have ever seen? Willard -.- oh my god
32. What is the worst TV show you have ever seen? Not sure as I tend to turn it off after the first episode if I don't like it lol
33. What is the worst book you have ever read? Don't think I have one as I only read books I'm interested in lol
34. What is the worst song you have ever heard? Friday by Rebecca Black 😂
35. What is the worst sport you know of? Dog fighting!! how can people be so cruel?
36. Who is the worst movie "star" ever? Tom Cruise 😩
37. Who is the worst comedian ever? Frankie Boyle
38. Who is the worst author ever? E.L James! I'm sorry but I could not read more than two pages of Fifty Shades of Grey
39. Who is the worst musical act ever? Couldn't say
40. Who is the worst sports "star" you have ever seen? Any footballer who falls to the floor crying after being barely touched by another player
41. If you could go back in time to witness an historical event in person, what event would you want to see? Too many to choose from! If I had to pick one right now it would probably be the Trojan War
42. If you could go anywhere in the world right now, where would you go? Ireland 💚
43. If you could meet anyone in the world, who would you meet? Harry Styles, he seems like a fun chap from what I've seen of him on stage 🙃
44. If you could become famous for one thing, what would that thing be? Writing maybe?
45. If you could buy anything regardless of cost, what would you buy? A farm or a kennels with a big country house 😁
46. If you could change any one thing about your country, what would it be? Make university cheaper and more accessible
47. If you could change any one thing about international politics, what would it be? Brexit or Trump.
48. If you could meet any famous person who is dead, who would it be? Jesus Christ
49. If you could become dictator of the world, would you? No
50. If you could eat an entire cow at one sitting, would you? No, I can't eat that much lol
51. Have you ever illegally downloaded music/TV shows/movies from the net? Yeeeeeah.. 🙈
52. Have you ever used illegal narcotics (yes, even pot counts if it was illegal at the time)? When I was younger
53. Have you ever gotten any points on your driving license? Nope as I only have a provisional and haven't started driving lessons yet 😂
54. Have you ever stolen anything from a shop? Yeah and I'm not proud of it
55. Have you ever bought alcohol or cigarettes while underage? Yes
56. Have you ever bought alcohol or cigarettes for another person who was underage? No
57. Have you ever tried to cheat the taxman/social security/other government agency? No
58. Have you ever ridden on a train or bus without paying? No
59. Have you ever been arrested? No
60. Have you ever been charged with a crime ? No
61. What's the furthest you've ever been from home? Italy
62. Where have you visited that you would like to go back to? Venice
63. Where would you like to visit that you haven't yet? Rome and Naples
64. Where is your favourite place in the world? Ireland 💚
65. Where have you visited that you hope never to go to again? Benidorm lol not for any particular reason other than I've changed a lot since I went there and I don't think I'd enjoy it much now
66. Where would you definitely never go to? At the moment, anywhere which involves an airport lol gives me major anxiety
67. Where is your least favourite place in the world? Hospital
68. What is your favourite way to travel? By car! Love a good road trip ☺️
69. What is your least favourite way to travel? Plane due to the airport beforehand! If I had a private plane and a private airport I'd be grand 😂
70. What is the capital of Assyria? No idea..
71. What was the last movie you saw? I watched The Two Towers this afternoon 🤓
72. Was it any good? As always with Tolkien 👌
73. What was the last book you read? Lies, Damned Lies and History by Jodi Taylor
74. Was it any good? Fantastic 🙌 5 star book right there!
75. What was the last song you listened to? You & I 🎶
76. Was it any good? Most definitely 🙃
77. What was the last computer game you played? Forza Horizon 3
78. Did you do well? Yep! Love those games!
79. What was the last meal you ate? Lasagne 😋
80. Was it any good? Yep!
81. Do you believe in God/Goddess/Gods/Goddesses? Yes
82. Do you agree with the war in Iraq? No war can be justified
83. Do you believe in aliens? Yes
84. Do you agree with the theory of evolution? Yes
85. Do you believe in reincarnation? I'd like to think so
86. Do you agree with the idea of the UN? Ouch too much thinking
87. Do you believe in karma? Yes
88. Do you agree with the theories of man-induced global warming? I think it's a factor but nature is always changing
89. Do you believe in democracy above all other systems of government? Yeah I guess so
90. Do you agree with Freddie Mercury when he sings "Fat-bottomed girls you make the rockin' world go round"? Yes I guess so 🎶🙌💚
91. What is your favourite movie? Omg so many movies I'd happily watch over and over again... too hard to pick just one
92. What is your favourite book? Series wise it would definitely have to be the Chronicles of St Mary's
93. What is your favourite song? At the moment either All Night by the Vamps or Ride by Lowell
94. What is your favourite city? I don't think I have one?
95. What is your favourite sport? F1 or Hurling
96. What is your favourite place in the world? I swear I answered this already? Ireland 💚
97. Are you glad these questions are almost over? No I like them 😂
98. What are you going to do next? Do some online Christmas present shopping
99. Do you anticipate this activity being fun? Yes 😁🎄
100. Give us a quote to end on... 'You only truly fail if you give up all together' 💚
Why not copy this and fill it out and see what answers you put to these questions 🤓 please feel free to drop a comment down below 💚